Projects: > 300
Shows: > 6.500
Children involved: > 30.000
Prof. Dr. Maria Böhmer, Minister of State
District chief executive Oliver Quilling
Since its foundation the association is growing and is supported by the following institutions of the
city and the district of Offenbach:
- Hessian Ministry of Education
- Governmental Supervisory School Authority (City and District Offenbach)
- Youth Welfare Office of the District
- Leitstelle Zusammenleben in Offenbach (Coordinating Office of Living Together)
- Kommunale Präventionsstelle (Local Prevention Office of the city Offenbach)
- Development Association “Sicheres Offenbach” (Secure Offenbach)
- Youth Welfare Office Offenbach (City)
- 2012: Winner: “Initiative Nähe ist gut” (Initiative Propinquirty is good)
- 2011: “Association of the year 2010“ by meinverein.de
- 2010: Hessian Prevention Award of the Hessian Ministry of Justice, Integration and European Affairs
- 2009: Alliance for Democracy and Tolerance against Extremism and Violence
- 2009: “Selected Landmark in the Land of Ideas”
- 2008: Citizen’s Prize of the City of Frankfurt and the Sparkasse Frankfurt
- 2007: Ippen-Foundation award
- 2006: National winner of the social ideas competition “start social”, chosen from 560 participants, under the patronage of the Federal Chancellor Angela Merkel
- 2006: Integration award of the city of Offenbach
- 2005: “Rabe des Monats” (Raven of the Month) of the journal “spielen und lernen” (playing and learning)
- 2005: Award by the “Bündnis für Demokratie und Toleranz, gegen Extremismus und Gewalt” (Alliance for Democracy and Tolerance, against Extremism and Violence), an initiative of the Federal Government
- 2004: Kreativ für Toleranz – Victor Klemperer Preis (Creative for Tolerance) – forwarded by Otty Schily
- 2004: Award by the Federal Chancellor Gerhard Schröder in the context of “start social”
People’s Theater Show:
The show centers around a mini-drama presenting a social conflict in a short scene. At the point
where the seen situation threatens to escalate the play is interrupted by the presenter.
Now he moderates a talk with the audience, in which he and the audience try to realize the reasons
for the conflict. As coordinator of the talk the presenter supports the audience in order to frame a
positive solution out of the diversity of opinions.
Together with them he looks out for social skills required for solving the conflict. Afterwards, single
spectators get the chance to change roles with single actors to try out their ideas of solving the
problems in a playful way.
In the very end the actors present an own summarizing solution, in which as many suggestions of the
audience as possible are contained.
The audience does not stay in their role as spectator, but get the chance to direct the play by
The content of the show is adjusted to the individual needs of the audience.
In general the show interprets itself only as impulse. Because of that a collaboration with the
educators is necessary element of the show to archive sustainability. Furthermore it is important to
involve the parents, because only with their help it is possible to pick up the impulse.
Every year a preparation for the members is done, in which they get a course in directing, history of
theatre, acting, presenting and scriptwriting.
People’s Theater Workshops:
In addition to the shows, People’s Theater e. V. offers workshops in the afternoon, in which the People’s Theater show concept is taught to the children. The developed training program includes detailed sessions each focusing on teamwork, moral education, strengthening the identity and conducting discussions. At the same time, the solidarity among the group is strengthened. The training lasts 3 years and its aim is to enable the pupils to organize and perform People’s Theater shows independently with children from elementary schools. By working with younger children, the pupils are supposed to develop a greater understanding for their role as a role model in society.
In family shows an enhanced exchange with parents and pupils takes place. The sequence of the show is the same as in the People’s Theater Shows in the classes. The issues presented are issues in which more than one generation is involved. The goal is to offer a platform to young and old where they can exchange their opinions about topics and problems within the family and work on them constructively.